Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter! (Yesterday)


Just a few photos a really excellent meal that Clarissa and I cooked for Easter dinner. She was the chef for most of the meal, roasting the organic chicken and baking a rhubarb crisp. We are very stoked to have the PSU farmers market open again, and all the produce for this meal was bought there. I put together a classic au gratin potato dish, and a broccoli raab dish with brooks prunes, red pepper flakes, cumin, garlic, and a touch of vinegar and sugar. This might sound like an odd combo but it was really, really tasty.

I racked my first PCTBB beer to a keg while Clarissa was cooking the chicken, and took a little flavor sample which seems promising. I decided to dry hop it in the keg. Other than that, I didn't have a beer all day! We made a nice apertif cocktail with Bulleit bourbon, homemade ginger syrup, soda, and mint (I love a good bourbon cocktail). The rose was great with the main course.

Oh man, we slacked on our opportunity to make an Easter day "Cadburry Egg Nog" from This Is Why You're Fat, which we might have to do as a belated easter cocktail soon. It looks like a sugar-induced belly-ache in a glass!

Happy Easter!

No comments: