According to Beer Advocate users, De Struise Pannepot is the best beer in the world. Although I certainly don't believe in the concept of a single "best beer", it certainly says a lot that these guys bumped out Westvleteren 12, which is nearly impossible to get your hands on outside of the monastery itself. Pannepot was a delicious beer, and so was their Witte: extremely attenuated, delicately fruity, and slightly sour. (4/2/08 Edit: that was according to the show, but I looked on BA and Westy 12 is still at #1. Pannepot is #25.)
- Dortmunder that's just now starting to taste really good (currently serving as a hair of the dog while I write this)
- JZ's Munich Dunkel Lagering in keg
- Also: Doppebock at room temp, hopefully attenuating a bit more as it is a bit too sweet...
- 2 carboys of Belgian Beer, waiting for some brett to go in this week
- 2 carboys of Berliner Weisse, 6 days old. Fermented at 68, now I'm letting it raise to room temp to speed the souring/aging process a bit.